Thursday, October 24, 2013

It Really Doesn't Matter

While writing the last post, the sixteenth thing I wrote got me thinking really hard. When I look back at Kevin and I's relationship, none of our stupid arguments matter anymore. We fought about stupid things like when his family would not let him come to my house or go see a movie with my family. So we would get into an argument because I was mad he wasn't coming and he was mad I was going without him. Now that everything has happened, none of that stuff matters. None of the times I got frustrated with him for still living there. None of the times we got into an argument because he was grounded again so we could only talk at school. I still remember them, because I am human. But it only bothers me because it is wasted minutes. Minutes we can not get back. Years from now our arguments will not benefit me at all. I do not wish to remember our arguments, they are not important anymore. They felt important at the time but no longer.

Our good moments are what I remember most. All our good times. Not the stupid arguments but the late night talks. When he did move out and we had so many good experiences for the first time together. That is what I remember. I remember back to being sixteen and remember how I had no idea how this plan was so different than what I expected. I wanted so badly to make everything perfect and looking back, it was not perfect. But it left me good memories. Really great things to cherish. Even when the bad moments happened, they are not what matter. They are not what I choose to remember. The happy times are what matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10