Friday, October 25, 2013

All The Places....

I have about an hour in the mornings before the second bus comes to pick me up on my way to work. Usually I go into McDonalds and get something to drink but today I am battling a nasty cold and was not in the mood to sit in there. So I decided to look around Target, hoping to find a cup I could use for work. I thought nothing of it....So I spent about fifteen minutes walking around the dish aisle and could not find what I was looking for. So I wandered down another aisle and there it was. Right next to me was a piece of art. To anyone walking by, it was simply that, a piece of art. But to me it was a stab in the heart. That very piece of art was put onto Kevin and I's wedding registry. And just like that my memory of us doing our registry came flooding back. I felt the walls closing in and had to get out of Target as fast as I could.

Kevin and I have been to a lot of places, obviously. So I know that going to these same places will be tough. Some more than others. In a way, I feel like I have the short end of the stick because Kevin will be surrounded with new places with no memories of me. I will be surrounded by all memories of him. So before I wrote this post, I was thinking about what places will be the worst to experience again without him. The couple that came to mind were these....

The Mall
It is down the street from where I live and when we first moved here, Kevin and I would go there and apply for jobs. Even when we weren't looking for jobs, I loved the pizza place in the food court so he would take me there and we would get a pizza with a salad meal and talk about life. It was a lot of fun. We would wander around for hours just being together. It is where he bought my wedding jewelry at after I had longed for months for it. That same mall gets passed every day on my way to work.

The Dollar Movie Theater

It was our date night. We could not resist the temptation of dollar movies but I always ruined the budget by wanting a $13 popcorn, drink, and a candy meal. But it was our thing and we did it. Countless times we rode the bus there for a date and I ALWAYS forgot a jacket so because we always ended up going to a late show, I was left shivering in the cold and Kevin had to give me his jacket. Luckily he did not get as cold as I did. This place is the easiest to avoid because I only went there on dates with him.

Dumont

Dumont is not something that I have to worry about often. I only will go there if I encounter someone who also loves ATV's and sand cars. But I had a blast when I went with Kevin and his family and so in a way I categorize Dumont with Kevin. I am not sure if it will actually be that hard when I go again, but I will not know until I go.

Small Town We Grew Up In

I should not really have to explain this much, right? Of course our small town has a lot of memories since that is where we met and spent most of our years together. We had a lot of memories made in various places all over that town, so when I go back for various reasons, I know I will feel pains as I pass certain places in town that I experienced with Kevin.

These places may not seem that big of a deal to anyone reading, but they are a big deal for me. But I guess it is all how I look at it. I can either be sad as I pass each place. Or I can be thankful for the incredible memories I made with him at all these places. We had some great times.

Today I was talking to my mom and she was telling me how Kevin, Stephanie, and Damien were talking about how on the 6th they are planning on going down to the small town to say goodbye to Kevin's grandma and that will probably be the last time we see them before they are gone. Of course, I kind of already knew this plan. But still...hearing it being said hurt. Stupidly enough the first thought I had was, "I won't see him after the sixth? What?". I know I have not experienced the breakup to its fullest extreme because Kevin is still here every day. But to think how I feel now, before he is even gone. I can't imagine the way it will feel once he is not here. I feel like a piece of me is about to be gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10