Thursday, September 5, 2013

Changes Coming

I realize that in order to move on, I have to make this blog about me and no longer about my upcoming wedding. So I am going to be changing this design around. But I wanted to have pictures of the "old" so that I can tell how this blog changes throughout the years. I realize these are the WORST pictures ever, I should know better than to take pictures of a computer screen, but it is the best I can do at this point.

Here we go....



I am a twenty year old who loves everything that has to do with cupcakes and photography. I could spend all day on Pinterest looking up anything that has to do with either of those subjects. I was born in Arizona but have moved from there to California and eventually Nevada. I am a Communications Assistant and love my job. I don't know if I will be it forever, but I don't plan on leaving anytime soon. I am told that I am sensitive,giving,and very eager to please(which I have to admit is not always the best thing to be). I love to write and it has always been the biggest hobby over anything else. When I was younger I hated how some stories ended so I just wrote the endings I wanted. One book I read had the main characters boyfriend die at the end and I was pissed. I have always loved being able to figure out my thoughts and feelings by writing them down.
Kevin is so much to me. He is my best friend,my confidant,my venting wall when I have a bad day(unfortunately),my car fixer,and so much more that I could never fully express to him. He is twenty as well and has had my heart since day one. He works with cars and knows more about them than I could ever see myself knowing. He is a master Call of Duty player and I fail miserably when I try to go against him. He is nice enough to let me just play on his team. Such a gentleman :) I can not see myself not spending every day with him growing. He is an incredible person with a kind heart and a strong faith. We have different personalities at times but usually we are able to balance each-other out.
 

In December of 2008 I was sitting outside at school and my friend walked up to me and we were talking. As she was leaving I stood up to give her a hug. From behind her, I heard a male voice ask,"Can I have one too?" and I looked at him. Little did I know, I had just met someone who would change my life forever. From day one we were best friends. I was a grade ahead so I did not have any classes together. But I can still remember when we would pass eachother on the walkway between buildings, we would smile at eachother as we passed and I always felt like he had turned around to watch me walk away. He implies that he did. :)

Our first date was at a skate rink. It was my very first date with a boy. We had a blast and at one point I had fallen and he was trying to help me up. I was laughing so hard that I could not stand up on the skates. After that, we went to Sadie Hawkins where I experienced my first "dance with a boy". It was to "Back at One" by Brian McNight.Prettttyyy romantic if I do say so myself.

We went through a series of ups and downs in the beginning due to both of us being fifteen and idiots(atleast I can admit it). We were inexperienced and had no idea what we wanted. But we fought for our relationship and came out the other end knowing we did not know what we were doing, but we wanted to figure it out together. Every night we would fall asleep talking on the phone. It was great to fall asleep to his snores. As cheesy as that sounds. His home life was rough so we did not get to go on very many dates so all we could do was talk on the phone and towards the end of him living at home, I got to go over there and hang out and he came to my house pretty often.

His proposal was not a shock. But that is not his fault. I made my wishes very clear. There was a ring I loved with a pink heart in the middle. One day Kevin and I were in class together(we were able to get JROTC together because it had a bunch of grades in one room), and there was a lot of whispers. I pretended not to hear them. After class was over, everyone was walking out and Kevin told me to walk to the grass area in front of the school. I followed him and so did everyone else. As we got there, I couldn't help but smile as I saw him take a deep breath and lower to his knee.(See above picture :)) and then he said "Will you marry me?" and being the smart ass I am I thought it was funny to say "Well I don't know....yes" and then we kissed and all that mushy stuff. And everyone cheered. That one picture was the only picture taken. It bums me out only because I only have one picture from such a happy day that meant so much. My wedding will have so many, but my engagement has one. Yet in a way, it makes the one picture so important to me. It is all I have from that day to look at.

We continued strengthening our relationship throughout the years. School ended and real life started. We experienced the struggles and joy of moving in together. We experienced the struggles and joy of working and having money. We decided whether we wanted to get married in December of 2012 or 2013. We went with 2013 because we decided that gave us an extra year to grow as individuals and as a couple. The wait sucks but it will be well worth it.





No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10