Monday, September 23, 2013

A Little Bit Of Happiness

Disclosure: I received no compensation for this review. I am in no way affiliated with http://www.diamondcandles.com/ . All opinions are my own.

    So I have really been having a hard time(incase you havn't heard) so I was searching for anything that I could find happiness in. So I bought myself a candle. It is one of those Diamond candles that has the ring inside it. It is not that big of a deal but I just needed something...anything...to look forward to. It gave me something to think about, something to look forward to, something to be happy about. I am having such a hard time being happy, that this gave me a little something to lift my spirits. I realized that the chances of me getting a $5000 ring was slim...extremely slim. I knew I was going to end up with a cheap ring. But just having that hope was a good feeling. Having something that I could think...maybe it can happen. And even if it was a cheap ring. If it was pretty, I was not going to mind. I do not care about the price of a ring if it is pretty.Any other time, I would talk myself out of it, but not this time. I knew I needed it no matter how stupid it seemed. I was going to do this for ME. Not anybody else. Something I can smell that will make ME happy. It is MY money to do whatever I want with for MYSELF.

    I love candles. Take me to Walmart and I could stay in the candle aisle smelling every single one. I have multiple candles all over my room. I love them. My mother can't smell so I have always joked that I have enough love of scents for the both of us. So when I saw people talking about the Diamond Candles I was curious. I am already happy with a candle, put the chance of a pretty ring in it and I am game. You know what else I love? Cupcakes. So can you guess what kind of candle I got?


 
So the wait until I got the ring was horrible. It felt like it took forever to get to me. I spent all day waiting for the tracking information to update. Finally after about a week and a half, I came home from work and had my package. I went home and lit it as soon as I walked into my room. It smelt like cupcakes so I was relieved. Not some fake version. Actual cupcakes. I was really worried about not liking the scent when I got it. So I burnt it for four hours that night and it barely burnt down at all. So the next night I lit it after work at 4pm and as I was falling asleep I decided to keep it burning. I was so scared about burning my house down. So after a nightmare, I woke up at 5am and saw a gold package sticking out. So in my half asleep state I had a genius idea to scoop it out with my glasses. I....don't...know.

I am happy with the ring I got. It is ruby like I wanted and it fits. I can't complain. Of course I was bummed once I knew for sure that it wasn't expensive but there is always next time. Overall, I am happy with what I got.

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10