Friday, April 4, 2014

18 Week Update



How far along: 18 weeks(size of a sweet potato)
Total weight gain: I got weighed for something else two days ago and was over 200 again so I need to talk to my doctor on Monday(the 7th) about why my weight is going up and down so much.
Maternity clothes: Loving my new maternity clothes I talked about last week.
Stretch marks: Yeah either I have new stretch marks or the old ones are growing tremendously on either side of my belly button.
Sleep: I wake up around two or three every morning to pee. Other than that(and weird freaky dreams) I sleep well.
Best moment of this week: Alright, so last Wednsday I decided to walk into a tree on my way to work. Like, when I say walk into I really mean smash my head into the lowest limb possible. Well each day that passed my head felt worse and worse until I started having hallucinations and getting so sleepy I would fall asleep and sleep all day. So the day of J's funeral(Friday) after everything was done with, I decided to go to the ER just to get checked out because baby still had not moved since the day after J passed away. So Kevin(bless his heart) went and sat in the ER with me ALL DAY. We went at around 1 and him and my mom who later came, stayed until 1 in the morning. I ended up being admitted because they did a CT on me and the doctor found "something" that made him nervous with my mom's history of anurisms. And I guess one of my pupils was bigger than the other. So he admitted me for the night so they could do a MRI and get a deeper look. Anyway, I stayed the night and got the MRI and everything was fine in the end. Anyway, my point of telling you this was that they did the ultrasound to make sure baby was fine. First of all my child has it's fathers sense of humor because all that was "wrong" was that it had moved farther back so that I could no longer feel it move. As soon as the picture came on the screen, baby gave me a nice little punch and started dancing around. And every day since then, it has been moving so that I could feel it. So yeah, really funny kid. Second of all,  the ultrasound tech knew about how much that day had sucked and so she decided to "accidently" look between its legs and said if baby decided to show itself then she would tell me. Well baby gave me a break and spread it's legs wide open to show me. Then the lady felt so bad about how sad Kevin looked when she told him he could not come, she actually went and got him and  showed him the gender so he could find out also.
Miss anything: Nope.
Movement: Yeah we are fine on that. Poor Kevin wants to feel baby cub so badly but is never able. Baby moves either when I am at work or at 2 in the morning when Kevin is sleeping.
Food cravings: Hmmm...I saw someone eating hot fries yesterday and really wanted to take it from them. But I refrained from it.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope.
Have you started to show yet: Oh yeah.
Gender: Remember when I said our kid had a sense of humor? Well... HE does.
Belly button in or out: In.
Happy or moody most of the time: Emotions wise I have been alright. Still really sad but this baby gives me something to be so happy about.

Looking forward to: Seeing him again at our Anatomy Scan in a few weeks. 

2 comments:

09 10