Wednesday, March 12, 2014

15 Week Update


How far along: 15 weeks(size of an apple)

Total weight gain: Funny story this week. I was talking to my mother about how I kept gaining weight but was not eating that much. She suggested I could be retaining water and to watch my salt and put my feet up as much as possible. So I did that up until when I got weighed on Monday. My new weight...188. So comparing my starting weight with this new number I have only gained about 4\5 pounds. My doctor thought I was starving myself but I truly think it was just me needing to literally put my feet up and relax. So we will see how my weight looks at the next appointment.

Maternity clothes: I ordered a shirt for work because I have to wear sleeves and I have this stupid habit of buying sleeveless shirts and then having to wear a jacket. With summer coming, it will be too hot for me to be wearing a jacket. So I bought a shirt with short sleeves and I will wear that as soon as I recieve it in the mail.

Stretch marks: None yet.

Sleep: Sleep has been good. I can't complain.

Best moment of this week: My appointment on Monday was awesome. My doctor was teaching her student doctor how to find a heart beat on a ultrasound so I got to see baby cub. As soon as the screen came on, I swear to you that baby was waving. Poor student doctor kept trying to get the heartbeat but as soon as he got the cursor over the heart, baby would flip over so he had to do it again. Child has a sense of humor. I did not get to see a face because little legs and arms kept flying all over the place. Kevin had to work but I wish he could have been there. He would have absolutely loved it.  When the student doctor did get the heartbeat, it was strong at 140. I was elated as I left. I also got my next appointment set up and a referral for my 20 week ultrasound. I am going to set it up so both Kevin and mom can be there to find out what our little one is.

Miss anything: Not this week.

Movement: There is no denying it. This baby is moving. It is the exact same feeling all throughout the day. It feels like everything they say it should feel like. It is the most amazing thing ever to feel. I was drumming my fingers on my stomach the other day and all of a sudden there was movement right below my fingers. Then a couple nights ago Kevin laid his arm across my stomach and baby moved right below it. Kevin did not feel anything but I thought it was so cool.

Food cravings: Ham and cheese sandwich, more on that soon.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope, been doing good on the sickness part.

Have you started to show yet: Everyone says yes.

Gender: All bets on girl.

Wedding rings on or off:  Still on my necklace.

Happy or moody most of the time: I cried over a ham and cheese sandwich last night. Seriously, I did. I got to mom and J's house to drop off the car for mom to go to work and then I was going to go home and eat a ham and cheese sandwich for dinner. I got there and Kevin told me the plan had changed and we were spending the night. I freaked out and burst into tears. Mom walks out and tells me she is not going to work and Kevin says we can go get my ham and cheese sandwich to eat there. I feel ridiculous now but at the time, you would have thought I lost my mind.


Looking forward to:  My anatomy scan.




No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10