Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Today....

     
*This was our first ever picture taken*
 
       The past few days leading up to today have been bittersweet. On one side, I am so very happy to be celebrating five years with the man I love. On the other side, I kept thinking how I was going to be getting married today. This time last year, I was sure that I would be walking down the aisle and marrying him on this day. So this has caused me to be very emotional the past few days. I was so very thankful that he is here to be celebrating an anniversary at all because just two months ago I did not think that would be happening. Yet I was also...bummed I guess would be the word, that we were not going to be married by tomorrow. At first I just kept my feelings to myself because I felt stupid but the other morning I could  not stop crying and Kevin was getting frustrated because I would not tell him what was wrong. So I opened up and told him how I felt. He said it was worth it to wait a little longer and be ready for marriage when it is right for us, than to get married just because we are impatient. I agreed with what he said but like I said...I am bummed. But today is not meant to be sad at all. So anyway....
 

Happy five year anniversary. You are my best friend and the other half of my heart. From the day we met five years ago we have been inseparable and you have been the first thing I think about when I wake up and the last thing I think about when I fall asleep. I am so thankful for everything you do for me each day, big and little. You have such an amazing faith and I love knowing you wi...ll be my partner in making sure our children know about their God. You have an incredible strength and you use it to help me when I feel weak, including when I thought I was losing my mother. You were strong next to my side while I paced the hall of the waiting room in front of family, and held me while I cried in fear when we were alone. You have an incredible heart and I see parts of you that nobody else has ever seen. You do so many things for me every day just because you want to make me happy. That means alot to me. I hope you know just how important you are to me, even if I do not always show it. Every day I spend with you makes me appreciate just how in love with you I am. I love every little thing we do together because the little moments are what make me feel safe and loved with you.We have been through a lot together and I am so thankful that we are still here going strong and making our way to six years and many more. I WILL marry you one day. It may have been put off a little longer but I WILL be your wife one day. I know that with my heart. I love you in a way that I have never loved another person and I try each and every day to make sure you know that. Happy Anniversary
    

2 comments:

09 10