Friday, August 8, 2014

36 Week Update

How far along:  36 Weeks

Total weight gain: 40 pounds. (The 6 pound increase in one week kind of worried me but the nurse did not seem to think it was a big deal)

 Maternity clothes: All of my clothes seems to be 20 sizes too small for me. No matter how long my shirt is, my stomach always peeks out from under it.

Stretch marks: I don't seem to have any new ones. Just the gigantic ones that were there from the beginning.

Sleep:  The sleep isn't really a problem, it is when I am awake trying to get comfortable. That is when it sucks. Turning over is painful and I get severe hip pain. But as far as the sleeping part, it is fine.

Best moment of this week: The day of my doctors appointment, Kevin had off work so we were able to spend the whole day together. I had a really good time with him. We went to my appointment, went to Carls Jr, and then went swimming. It was nice to spend some last minute alone time with him before everything happens.

Miss anything: Sleeping on my stomach.

Movement:  He's crazy in there sometimes.

Food cravings: Nope.

 Anything making you queasy or sick:   Nothing in particular.

 Have you started to show yet: Yes.

Belly button in or out:  It is not flat but it is right on the edge of it.

Wedding rings on or off: Still off.

Happy or moody most of the time: I am excited.

Looking forward to: My birthday is the 9th so that is really cool. Of course I am not going to be getting drunk this year but I do not mind. I get a better gift.

Doctors Appointment-  Nothing big happened at my doctors appointment. My Group B Strep test came back negative so of course that was a good thing to hear. Other than that everything was the same as always. All the usual tests were great, Landon measured at 37 weeks, heartbeat was great. It was a quick and easy appointment. The doctor I saw was really nice but it was strange to not be with my old doctor. Then next week I have a totally different doctor.

Labor signs- So Sunday morning I went with Kevin to Labor and Delivery due to decreased fetal movement. Long story short, Landon had just moved into a position I could not feel him. As soon as the monitor was on him, he had ten movements in a matter of a few minutes and moved nonstop the entire time I was there. So baby was perfectly healthy and the nurses were impressed. The problem was not him....it was me.

 The nurse told me to let her know when I needed to pee so she could get a urine sample, and I was looking at her. Next thing I know I am staring at Kevin's face and the nurse is gone. I could feel something was wrong and told him to get help. Six nurses rushed in and started all talking at once. One was shoving needles into my arm for an IV. Another was giving me sips of something. Another was drawing blood. Someone was trying to turn me on my side. Someone else was babbling about my vitals being perfect and why was this happening.

Meanwhile I can barely keep my eyes open and sweat is pouring from me. My vitals are perfect but I am obviously not alright. They are all panicking. Eventually my body started calming down and they decided to watch me for a little bit. After my "episode", I was fine. They have no idea what happened so they are guessing it had to do with anxiety(my blood sugar was fine). Luckily Landon was not affected by what was happening and they said he just kept playing around as usual. So that is good. They also saw that I was having a bunch of little contractions, but just a few that were actually worth noting. But they said that means that things are working towards the finish line. After a couple hours I was fine, baby was fantastic, so they decided to send me home and told me hopefully the next time I come back it is baby time.

2 comments:

  1. We're at 31 weeks pregnant and I have many of the same issues. I hate buying maternity clothes such a waste of money, but I also want to be comfy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pants I got when I first got pregnant are literally ripping apart at the seams. But I refuse to buy new jeans for work since I am about to go on Maternity Leave so then I can just wear shorts for 6 weeks. I am so afraid of standing up and my jeans ripping open while I am at work. That would suck.

      Delete

09 10