Friday, July 26, 2013

Love in its Simplest Form

138 days to go

I lay my head on the side of the pool, letting the sun warm my face. I hear people yelling and screaming as they splash eachother and horseplay. Little kids getting told not to run,adults doing laps across the pool,and lifeguards watching over everyone with a intense eye. Through all the noises and things going on around me, I am focused on only one voice. I open my eyes and  look over my shoulder at the man across the pool. He is helping our friends' one year old baby swim her way in a circle. He smiles as she giggles and splashes her way around. His hands hold her tight enough for her to feel safe enough to swim around without fear. As I am watching, his eyes travel up and lock with mine. And within seconds he is smiling at me, fully.

And my heart melts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10